Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Another month passed...

In the last month, we've moved into our house (military housing) and we've gotten settled in (mostly). We are still waiting on some items we've had in storage to be delivered. Our home is not metered, which means we won't be able to save on utilities, but we won't have to pay anything either.

The Husband has gotten a request for a phone interview, and it will take place next week. We're still early in the hiring season, but we hope he will get a few more bites in the next several weeks.

I've been experimenting with a new bit of financial software I heard about. The software is called Gnucash, and it's free (which is exactly the price I'm willing to pay). I like the double entry accounting-style system, but I'm not sure if it's going to be better for our purposes than the Excel spreadsheets I have been using. We'll see if I can keep our finances organized using it before I ditch the spreadsheets. (I have not received any compensation from Gnucash).

We've nearly maxed out the TSP for 2015, and despite socking away over $1,500 in it this month, our net worth increased by only $400. Hopefully we make better progress in December. We will receive a fair amount of dividends, which will help, but I'm crossing my fingers the stock market comes back up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment